Three Star lifts its fifth Aaha Rara title

Three Star lifts its fifth Aaha Rara title

Three Star lifts its fifth Aaha Rara title

Three Star Club has vanquished departmental group Tribhuvan Army Club 5-4 in unexpected passing to win the seventeenth Aaha Rara Gold Cup football competition in Pokhara on Saturday.

Radio Nagarik Covered

At the Pokhara Stadium, the guideline time and additional time finished 2-2, while even the sudden death round couldn’t settle a champ and it finished in a 4-4 draw. Three Star won the shootout after guardian Alan Neupane spared Bikash Khawas’ kick. Mikchhen Lama scored the last kick to win Three Star’s fifth Aaha Rara title.

Three Star had before won the title in the fifth, the ninth, the eleventh and the thirteenth releases of the competition, while it has deleted its severe memory of completing as the sprinter up of the last version when the other departmental group Nepal Police Club won the title.

In the punishment shootout, Army attendant Bikesh Kuthu’s shot was spared by Alan Neupane, while Three Star’s Sushil Rai’s punishment hit the bar and the sudden death round finished in a 4-4 draw. The scorers for Army were chief Bharat Khawas, George Prince Karki, Santosh Tamang and Bibek Basnet, while Ranjit Dhimal, Rupesh KC, commander Bikram Lama and Ananta Tamang scored for Three Star.

The last match at the stuffed Pokhara Stadium was engaging and loaded with rivalry, yet in addition a show of cadenced football from both the sides. Armed force, who had led the pack in the additional time and furthermore the guideline time, lost the lead twice.

Armed force led the pack in the fifth moment of the match as Dipak Gurung crossed the ball which was going by Tek Bahadur Budathoki. The ball entered the net hitting the underside of the bar.

Be that as it may, toward the finish of the primary a large portion of, Gurung’s hand ball inside the case prompted an equalizer for Three Star. Dhimal scored the spot kick composedly to adjust the diversion.

The amusement went into additional time with 30 minutes of included time. Armed force led the pack again toward the finish of the main portion of additional time as Santosh Tamang’s free kick went inside the container contacting the head of Three Star commander Bikram Lama in the 105th moment.

Be that as it may, at that point, Three Star evened out in the 112th moment with a free-kick objective. Dhimal hit the free-kick and Ajayi Martins which likewise hit the underside of the bar to go in. Armed force was left baffled as it couldn’t guard its lead multiple times in the diversion.

Three Star was a man down after Sunil Bal was appeared red card, however the misfortune did not disappoint its head.

Armed force held Three Star under strain all through the amusement. Nawayug Shrestha hit a shot, yet it was hindered by Three Star focus back Ananta Tamang in the third moment. Armed force got a free-kick in the 23rd moment which was hit by Santosh Tamang, yet was cleared.

Three Star guardian Neupane was named the man of the match and was compensated with Rs 10,000.

Three Star’s Anil Gurung got the honor for the most elevated goalscorer of the competition and got Rs 25,000. He had scored a cap trap against India’s Sikkim United. Moreover, attendant Neupane was named the best player of the competition and was given an Aprilla bike.

Also, Three Star’s Neupane and Megh Raj KC were named the best attendant and the best mentor of the competition, while Army’s Bimal Pandey, Santosh Tamang and Nawayug Shrestha were declared the best safeguard, the best midfielder and the best forward. They all got Rs 15,000 each.

With the title win, Three Star brought home a money prize of Rs 801,000, while the sprinter up Army was given over Rs 401,000.


leave a comment

Create Account

Log In Your Account